This book comprises the papers and proceedings of an International Commercial Law, Litigation and Arbitration Conference that was held at the Federal Court of Australia in Sydney from May 5-7 2011.
The conference was sponsored by the Federal Court of Australia and the Law Council of Australia, and was attended by Judges of the Federal Court, of the Supreme Courts of the Australian States and Territories and of the courts of various Asian and Pacific countries as well as by members of the Australian legal profession who had a special interest in the field.
The Commonwealth Attorney-General, the Hon Robert McClelland MP, opened the Conference on the Thursday evening after which the Chief Justice of the Federal Court of Australia delivered the keynote address. Both the opening and the keynote address are included in this publication.
The chapter titles reflect the subject matter of the titles of the six working sessions of the conference, which were:
- Practical problems in obtaining and presenting foreign evidence in commercial litigation
- Offshore oil and gas catastrophes
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Legal regulatory aspects of international electronic transactions
- The impact of international regulation and enforcement on trade disputes
- International conventions and model laws - their impact on domestic commercial law.
Size: 246 × 172 × 18 mm
Copyright: © 2011
Publication: 01 Jul 2011