Before You Tie the Knot is a selection of chapters on contemporary issues in Australian joint venture law. The authors are practitioners and consultants from leading international law firm Herbert Smith Freehills.
Each chapter of the book is written by a legal practitioner and provides a comprehensive analysis of a specialist area of law, that has the benefit of the authors' many years of commercial experience. Before You Tie the Knot contains approximately 500 pages of discussion on contemporary practice, case law and areas that may be subject to reform.
This book contains a foreword by the Honourable Justice F Gleeson of the New South Wales Court of Appeal.
- The accidental joint venture
- The modern meaning of joint venture terms
- Governing the union - management, control and information in an incorporated joint venture
- Issues relating to financing joint ventures
- The employee question
- Intellectual property
- Competition law and joint ventures
- Tax considerations
- Special issues in resources joint ventures
- Private equity joint ventures
- Untying the knot: a modern take on oppression
- International joint ventures and dispute resolution
- English law joint ventures - some key considerations
Size: 250 × 176 × 18 mm
Copyright: © 2015
Publication: 29 Jan 2015