his book comprises the papers and proceedings of an International Commercial Law and Arbitration Conference, held at the Federal Court of Australia in Sydney on 22–23 August 2013.
The Conference was sponsored by the Federal Court of Australia and the Law Council of Australia, and attended by judges of the Federal Court, of the Supreme Courts of the Australian states and territories and of the courts of various Asian and Pacific countries, as well as by members of the Australian legal profession who had a special interest in the field.
The Hon Justice John Mansfield AM opened the Conference, and the Hon Robert French AC, Chief Justice of Australia, delivered the keynote address. Both the opening and the keynote address are included in this publication.
The six working sessions of the conference, and hence the six chapter titles of this book, are as follows:
- Resolving Investor-State Disputes
- Tomorrow's World: Current and Future Prospects for International Cooperation in Insolvency Proceedings
- From Genesis to Revelation: the Origin and Scope of the Admiralty and Maritime Jurisdiction in the Constitutions of the United States and Australia
- Australian Antitrust Treatment of Cartels: International Intersections and Comparisons
- The OECD Convention on Combating Bribery of Foreign Officials in International Business Transactions
- Legal and Practical Aspects of International Commercial Arbitration
Size: 246 × 172 × 18 mm
Copyright: © 2014
Publication: 21 Aug 2014