The manual provides:
- A step by step guide to running the seven-week (2hrs-week) group program.
- Essential background information for understanding the conceptual underpinning of the program and the group process.
- Valuable content information for all the key falls prevention areas that can be used to upskill local experts participating in the program.
- A guide to useful resources
- Handouts for group participants
- Ideas on recruitment and evaluation
Lindy Clemson is a specialist in public health research on ageing and an occupational therapist with a PhD in epidemiology.
Megan Swann is an occupational therapist with 35 years’ experience working in geriatric rehabilitation. She has trained and mentored Stepping On facilitators and run more than 250 Stepping On programs across Australia.
The underpinning concepts: making decisions, learning and improving confidence
Group work, and the facilitator as a catalyst for change
Marketing and recruitment
Review of the program
Session one: introduction, overview and risk appraisal
Session two: exercise and moving about safely
Session three: home hazards
Session four: community safety and footwear
Session five: vision and falls, vitamin D and transportation safety
Session six: medication management and mobility mastery experiences
Session seven: review and plan ahead
Session eight: three-month booster session
Stepping On workshop facilitator supplies
Size: 297 × 210 mm
13 b&w tables and 66 b&w illustrations
Copyright: © 2008
Publication: 01 Jul 2008