A world first! The first remixed and remixable anthology of literature.
This anthology of short stories is not some textual tome, frozen in time and space. It is alive, evolving organically in a constant state of flux. Why? Because each story is available under a Creative Commons licence, giving you rights to share and reuse the book as you see fit.
So how do you use a remixable anthology? Simple.
Step 1 - Read. Thumb your way through the pages at will. Find the stories you love, the ones you hate, the ones that could be better.
Step 2 - Re/create. Each story is yours to share and to remix. Use only one paragraph or character or just make subtle changes. Change the genre, alter its formal or stylistic characteristics, or revise its message. Use as little or as much as you like - as long as it works.
Step 3 - Share. Be part of a growing community of literature remixing. Post your remixes to the Remix My Lit website, and start sharing. The entire anthology can be remixed - the original stories, the remixes, and even the fonts.
Through the Clock's Workings is Read&Write!
Amy Barker is the author of Omega Park (University of Queensland Press, 2009), which won the 2008 Queensland Premier's Literary Award for Best Emerging Author, the 2012 International Board of Books for Young People (IBBY) Ena Noël Award, and was highly commended in the Fellowship of Australian Writers (FAW) Christina Stead Award for fiction in 2010. She is currently working on her second novel.
- Alchymical romance
- Alchymical romance [baum-bastic mix]
- Alchymical romance [gender exchange remix]
- Beowulf in Brisbane
- Beowulf in Brisbane [bus line of new rabBi remix]
- Cherished [beloved friend remix]
- Dara’s Firebird lovesong
- Dara’s Firebird lovesong [part three remix]
- Take away [daras-firebird-remix-lovesong]
- Dreamless [super-villanelle dub mix]
- Dreamless [super-villanelle dub alternate mix]
- How to domesticate a pirate
- How to domesticate a pirate [live fed square remix]
- How to domesticate a pirate [what if if only remix]
- Renovator’s heaven
- Renovator’s heaven [renovator’s hell remix]
- Renovator’s heaven [free verse sonnet remix]
- ‘Soliloquy for one dead’
- ‘Soliloquy for one dead’ [criminal featherweight remix]
- The new cage
- Again, the healing tickle (the way black glitters): a mash-up
Size: 210 × 148 × 8 mm
Copyright: © 2009
Publication: 02 Jun 2009